Monday 9 May 2011

A is for... Amigurumi

I love Amigurumi! I think it's the looks on their little faces and the maternal instinct coming in. In fact, it was discovering amigurumi that really got me into knitting regularly in the first place. In particular, discovering one website: Mochimochi Land. I love it. I have 3 of her patterns and preordered her book when it was first announced.

In fact, I only own 2 knitting books, and they are both on amigurumi
  
So why can I not finish anything? My ravelry queue is stuffed with cute amigurumi creatures I want to make. My books are waiting for me. I even have all the wool I need for my next amigurumi project, as well as to finish the ones I've got.

So without further ado, I want to introduce you to my poor, neglected little amigurumi creatures

This is Rainycloud, he likes bubble baths and walks on the beach, and is scared of heights and loud noises like thunder. He likes to hide under the bed in storms, and has an alphabetised CD collection. He really would like to meet some rainydrops someday, to cheer him up and be his lighter side. He needs them to encourage him to have fun and to enjoy giggles, laughter and smiles. He is made of James C. Brett Marble and needs someone who can complement him.


This is Bob, the Monster Blob he comes across all happy and smily, but don't let that fool you. He is made of odds, ends and scraps from a long history of wool (my Gran's old stash) but he's carved a niche for himself on my chest of drawers. His life would be perfect is he could only have the one thing he dreams of, some intelligent company. There is only one girl for Bob, and he waits patiently for the day she will arrive. He has had teasers of her, but she never comes.

This is Betty, from the same background as Bob. She has been waiting to be able to finally see him for as long as she can remember, but unfortunately only has one foot, and no face. But she waits in the darkness, in the hope that one day she will finally be reunited with her childhood sweetheart, whom she has known since they were both wools scraps together on the journey through life.

And finally there is Tubby. He is ashamed to show his face as he is all in bits right now, but some day he hopes that he and his bubbles can come together and live happily every after. He is head of something, but it unfortunately is only the head of my queue on Ravelry, and he has much greater amitions for himself. One day he will make something of himself and find happiness.

A bit of a silly post today, but maybe it'll give me the inspiration to actually finish some of these projects and start on some of the myriad of others I have planned. For more ABCs please check here:

7 comments:

  1. I too love Amigurumi. That little rain cloud is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Rainycloud is so cute and I feel so sorry for Monster Bob - please let Betty and he be together!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for an introduction to Amigurumi. I always wondered what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute!
    I'm teaching a group of schoolgirls to knit and they just love amigurumi (and it's a great excuse for me to play with making them, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rainycloud and his story! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Monster Blob he's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that raincloud is adorable :) I have one of those books in my Amazon wishlist - perhaps it's time to remind my boyfriend where to find the list!

    ReplyDelete