Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tuesday Tunes

This song sums up how I felt this afternoon. I went to a brownies group to teach small girls how to knit. I was in charge of 4 girls aged 7-9, though one of them already knew how to knit, so she just needed starting off. We had knots everywhere and dropped stitches, but I though, whatever happens, happens. I just knitted a new row on whatever stitches they had on their needles and started them off again. They loved it, and so did I!

And they got so much better, and by the end were able to make the stitches. they all took their knitting home with them, and were hoping to make baby blankets for the preemie babies in the NICU. Plus we got to join in a brownie ring, which was great fun.

The leaders of the group said they had never seen the girls so quiet and attentive for so long, so hopefully we've inspired some new knitters!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Em, I love the browniieees!! Mine would have liked knitting back when I did it I reck ;)

    Also you realise that that song still gives me shivers from when you made me watch Heathers in your living room!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit on two favorites from my past--Doris Day and Girl Scouts. Bravo for passing on the tradition to some very lucky little girls!

    ReplyDelete