Monday 26 December 2011

Big thank yous

I got home from university on Friday to find a wonderful parcel waiting for me from Renee over at Confessions of a Yarn Addict. I was not expecting her generosity! It is a beautiful collection of sock yarn and other goodies.

I really can't thank her enough. It was far more than I was expecting and everything in it is totally beautiful.

Malabrigo sock yarn. I really can't wait to try this and it's beautifully soft and a gorgeous colour.

2 skeins of Spud and Chloe fine sock which is luscious and too good for socks. With the silk content, I think it might have to be lace knitting
Blackberry Ridge Mer-made, which I think is a local yarn to Renee, as the company that makes it is in Wisconsin. Very soft and squishy! I was squishing this one all afternoon
Berroco Sox. I think this one will make great socks for the boy, as it's not as brightly coloured, so he'll be happy
Sox Appeal. This is super squishy and soft as well, and it has a really nice texture.
And finally (for yarn), Sun Valley Fibres in Heartbreaker. This is gorgeous colours, and I can't wait to see how it knits up. 

There was also a very nice notebook and knitting notions case, which will come in very useful. Plus it's sparkly!

So basically, I have been spoilt, and Renee is super generous, and I just can't thank her enough!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy :)

    Oh, and the Soxx Appeal is stretchy, too...so if you knit it a little tight, it does stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, Blackberry Ridge is local to me...and Sun Valley Fibers is a local dyer, as well (and Jeanette is just fabulous).

    ReplyDelete