Tuesday 28 February 2012

Year of Projects Week 33

I'd just like to apologise for not updating much at all recently. I've just started my first ever clinical placement which is in parts amazing, terrifying and very, very tiring. It's the first time I've had to commute and I'm getting up at 6:30 every morning, something I haven't done since I was in school, and getting back quite late at night. I think it'll be easier to fit in the things I want to do once I've got settled into a routine, but for now it's all very new. I keep getting lost in the hospital which doesn't help!

But anyway, the Scarf of Doom (it now has a name, and it deserves those capitals). It's now 62 inches long (5 foot 2) and is just about to have the 10th ball of yarn added. I'm on the home stretch now, as I think it'll need to be about 7 feet long in the end.

No picture again, there didn't seem to be much point! Off to try catch up with some blog reading now! (and tidy the house, which is shamefully messy...)

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your placement and I hope you find the routine that helps you acomplish all you want to in your day, as someone who lives by routines its helps my days to flow smooother. Love that you've named your scarf and boy is it going to be super long when done but then a scarf can never be to long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your placement. You'll get around like a pro soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll settle into the routine in no time. I've just about got my evenings back three months after changing jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While this new stage in your professional work sounds daunting, I bet you'll be a huge success. Hope that knitting helps you relax at the end of a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the getting-up-early is just awful, isn't it? I don't even have a job and I'm in the shower by 6:40 so I can get everybody else out of the house on time. Best of luck with your new schedule...I think you're right, it'll get easier once you settle upon a rhythm that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your placement. Hope the early starts and the commuting get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf sounds like it's big enough to be done. How large are you wanting it to be? 10 balls of yarn, wow, that sounds like more then the average. Good luck at the hospital, hope things settle in smoothly for you soon. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete