Tuesday 6 November 2012

Second Year of Projects Week 19

Sorry this post is late, but I was at a Trampolining competition all day Sunday (which went amazing). My only aim was to not land on my arse, and I managed it in both routines. You want to see? Well, I'm sure I can be persuaded:
Yes there is video evidence =P My only aim was to successfully complete both routines, which I did for the first time ever, and I came 48th out of 76, but since I never aimed to win, I'm very happy with that.

Then last night I went to see Evanescence, since there's nothing like some cheesy goth pop to cheer you up.
Obligatory grainy mobile phone picture. The gig was amazing, Amy Lee can really sing live; I was a bit worried, given the vocal ranges in her songs, that they wouldn't come across as well on stage, but she had no problems belting them out. The gig was surprisingly empty though, only about half full, but it meant we got to get really close to the stage, so I was happy.

But anyway, you're here to read about knitting.
I've finished the first of my confetti socks and started on the second. I'm really hoping this socks fits, as I'm working off a shoe size, and even more unhelpfully, when I asked what size my friends feet were, her response was "depends which foot you ask." They're just over a centimetre longer than my foot, and apparently UK shoe sizes go up by about a centimetre each time, so I'm hoping that will be ok. I'm not sure about the seaming for the cuff, it looks a little odd to me, but I like the cuff itself, so I'm not sure that it's that important
I really love this pattern with the yarn, it reminds me a bit of fish scales, which is perfect, as my friend just got a degree in zoology, and has a love of marine mammals. Just need to finish them before her birthday!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Well done for getting through the routine intact. I did some trampolining at school and I landed funny and hurt my neck and I never got on a trampoline again! I am such a scaredy cat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come here to read about all the thingz! I'm a bit jealous that you got to see Evanescence because I do have a thing for the poppy pseudo-goth band. Just sayin'. And is that sock yarn some of the yarn I sent? I can't remember...either way, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! I love the socks and think they will be completely appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read about everything..actually prefer outside knitting stuff..!

    Never been on a trampoline in my life..so WOW from me on your routine...I think I'm terrified of them...

    What a way to luck out on getting close to the stage, I love when it is like that..

    ReplyDelete